Do you have a winning recipe you’d like to share?
Do you have a signature dish that’s just too good to keep to yourself?
Do you know of a healthful alternative to an unhealthy but delicious dish?
Don’t be greedy, share your culinary wisdom with your community by submitting your recipes to The Cheraw Chronicle! Any kind of dish will do — from entrees to appetizers, sides or even dips.
Send your submissions with a photo of the finished product to firstname.lastname@example.org or come by the office at 114 Front St. in Cheraw. For more information, call 843-537-5261.
• 1 can (26 ounces) of tomato sauce
• 1 can (27 ounces) of diced tomatoes
• 2 cans of kidney or black beans, drained and rinsed
• 2 lbs spicy sausage or ground beef
• 1 medium red onion
• 1 each – red, yellow and green bell peppers, chopped and diced
• 1 can of green chiles (optional)
• 2 T. Chili Powder
• 8 oz. pumpkin puree
• Sour cream, chives and cheese to garnish
DIRECTIONS: Brown the sausage or ground beef with the chopped onions until meat is cooked through and onions are soft. Return the meat and onions to the slow cooker, then add the tomato sauce, diced tomatoes and rinsed beans to the meat mixture in the slow cooker. Add the green, red and yellow peppers, chili powder, pumpkin puree and mix it up and put it on HIGH setting for 4-5 hours. Serve into bowls and top with a dollop of sour cream and some chives.
Contributed by: Natalie Walker