Little ghosts and goblins will be soon making their appearance for Halloween festivities.
Town Administrator Mike Smith said trick-or-treating for the town of Cheraw will be observed from 5 to 7 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 31.
The annual Kids’ Halloween Walk downtown will be held Thursday, Oct. 29. It will start at 3:30 p.m. at the Theater on the Green. Local merchants and businesses will give out treats to children, accompanied by an adult, during the walk.
First Baptist Church of Cheraw will also hold a trunk-or-treat in its family life center parking lot from 5-6 p.m. The church is located at 126 Greene St.
Chesterfield is also observing trick-or-treating on Oct. 31. All activities should begin no earlier than 6 p.m. and end no later than 8 p.m. Trick-or-treaters should be 12 and under and must be accompanied by a parent or a responsible person.
To ensure those who participate enjoy their Halloween, officials encourage parents and trick-or-treaters to follow these tips provided by SafeKids.org:
• Cross the street at corners, using traffic signals and crosswalks.
• Look left, right and left again when crossing and keep looking as you cross.
• Put electronic devices down and keep heads up and walk, don’t run, across the street.
• Teach children to make eye contact with drivers before crossing in front of them.
• Always walk on sidewalks or paths. If there are no sidewalks, walk facing traffic as far to the left as possible. Children should walk on direct routes with the fewest street crossings.
• Watch for cars that are turning or backing up. Teach children to never dart out into the street or cross between parked cars.
Reach Maria D. Grandy at 843-537-5261.