Gas leak evacuates Cheraw High

First Posted: 11:53 pm - September 29th, 2015

Story Tools:

Social Media:

Cheraw High School students were taken on a short field trip of sorts as they entered the campus Tuesday.

Reports of a gas leak at the school caused administration to direct students to the football field out of the classrooms.

Students were removed from class to allow the gas company to inspect things. Students were eventually returned to class.

Not much information was available at the time, but Ken Buck, public information officer for Chesterfield County Schools, said the leak was discovered just before 8 a.m. He said the leak was in the science lab.

“Might be as simple as a leaking valve at a lab station,” he added.

The gas will be kept off at the school until the issue is resolved.

Maria D. Grandy



Stock Market

Featured Businesses


Info Minute

Gas Prices provided by GasBuddy.com