The South Carolina State Fair will blast off this fall by hosting the nation’s first 12-day Pink Fair.
Join the fair and its partners, Palmetto Health, Lexington Medical Center, and Providence Hospitals in celebrating the millions of breast cancer survivors, endeavoring to spread hope, help and optimism across the state.
The Fair’s Pepsi Grandstand Concert Series announces a sparkling lineup of musical entertainment, featuring performances by award-winning, singer-songwriter Jennifer Nettles, chart-topping country music singer Lee Brice and rock legends ZZ Top.
Along with these headliners, the Fair is excited to offer five free concerts with the price of admission. These free shows include classic country-rock group The Marshall Tucker Band on opening day, followed by Charleston’s favorite boot-stomping duo Shovels & Rope, gospel great Fred Hammond, Christian pop songstress Britt Nicole with Citizen Way and ‘90s rapper MC Hammer.
The 2014 Pepsi Grandstand Series:
• The Marshall Tucker Band with Say Brother, Wednesday, Oct. 8, 7 p.m., free with gate admission.
• Shovels and Rope, Thursday, Oct. 9, 7 p.m., free with gate admission.
• Jennifer Nettles, Friday, Oct. 10, 7 p.m., $30.
• Lee Brice, Saturday, Oct. 11 7 p.m., $20.
• Fred Hammond, Sunday, Oct. 12, 4 p.m., free with gate admission.
• ZZ Top, Wednesday, Oct. 15, 7 p.m., $30.
• Britt Nicole with Citizen Way,Friday, Oct. 17, 7 p.m., free with gate admission.
• MC Hammer, Sunday, Oct. 19, 6 p.m., free with gate admission.
Paid concerts include admission to the Fair.
Tickets go on sale online at www.scstatefair.org, Monday, Aug. 18 at 10 a.m.
The 2014 South Carolina State Fair runs Oct. 8 through 19 at the fairgrounds on Rosewood Drive and George Rogers Blvd. in Columbia. For more information regarding the 2014 Pepsi Grandstand Lineup and the South Carolina State Fair, contact Nancy Smith at 803-799-3387, ext. 16 or email@example.com.
The South Carolina State Fair is a self-supporting charitable organization dedicated to educating South Carolina’s young adults. For more information about the South Carolina State Fair, visit www.scstatefair.org