The following arrests were recently made by the Cheraw Police Department:
• David DeWayne Cassidy Jr., 30, of 1005 W. Greene St., Cheraw, was arrested for trespassing.
• Eddie Jamar Thomas, 21, homeless of Cheraw, was arrested for petit larceny.
• Marvin Demerist Lilly, 36, of 165 Harris Rd., Cheraw, was arrested for public drunk.
• Diamond Rebecca Short, 20, of 81 Dewey Thomas Road, Cheraw, was arrested for shoplifting.
• Phylicia Nivens, 24, of 4543 Fordsville Rd., Cheraw, was arrested for shoplifting.
• Michael Ray Sommers, 60, of 16200 Alexander Run, Jupiter, Florida, was arrested for unlawful weapon.
• Ervin Calvin James, 56, of 82 Duke Rd, Society Hill, was arrested for public drunk.
• Billy E. Roscoe, 72, of 40 Evergreen St., Cheraw, was arrested for betting, pool selling and gambling.
• Quantel James McCall, 18, of 815 S. Church St., Cheraw, was arrested for shoplifting.
• Anthony Tyrone Quick, 27, of 3644 Nugget Lane, Blenheim, S.C., was arrested for resisting arrest.
Arrest reports published in the Cheraw Chronicle are copied from local law enforcement records. Reports include both arrest and criminal summons such as citations. The Chronicle lists them all as arrests. People charged are presumed innocent until determined to be guilty by a court of law.